Criminal & Traffic Division

Rock Island County Circuit Clerk Seal

Our Criminal and Traffic Division handles many types of cases including:

  • Conservation Violations
  • Contempt of Court
  • Driving Under the Influence
  • Misdemeanors
  • Ordinance Violations
  • Traffic Violations – Major & Minor
  • Criminal Felony

If you wish to plead guilty and make a payment, please see our Payments and Collections page. If you have forgotten when your court date is, look up information about your case, review your payment history or view other publicly available information, you may access our online service.

If you have a questions, feel free to contact the Traffic Division, please see our directory for our phone number or to contact us by email.

Court Supervision

You may now receive court supervision without appearing in court. On this page are the eligibility requirements and the plea which you are agreeing to.

After reviewing the eligibility requirements and plea, you may fill out the Request for Court Supervision (PDF) form and send it to our office along with your payment via the methods below.

Eligibility Requirements

  • You have not been placed on Court Supervision in any court for a traffic offense committed within the 12 months preceding the issuance of the traffic ticket for which you are requesting court supervision.
  • Your current ticket indicates that no court appearance is required.
  • You were not under the age of 18 at the time of the violation and are thus allowed to participate in online supervision.
  • If you meet the criteria, you will be granted court supervision for a 90 day period. 


  • I am requesting that the court place me on supervision for my current traffic ticket. It does not require me to appear in court.
  • I understand that my supervision will last 90 days from the date the plea is recorded at the court and it requires me to remain without additional traffic violations during this time.
  • I have not been placed on court supervision for any other traffic ticket issued within 12 months (365 days) of my current violation.
  • I understand that I am pleading guilty to the charge on this ticket, I waive my right to a hearing by the court or jury and request court supervision.
  • I understand my supervision will be revoked and my guilty plea will be used to enter a conviction if:
    • I am found to be ineligible.
    • I receive another traffic violation within my supervision period.
  • I further understand, if I make an application for supervision and I am not eligible, or I receive another traffic conviction within my Court Supervision period, or I fail to pay the appropriate fine and fee, that a conviction will be entered against me and reported to the secretary of state to be included on my driving record.

Making Payments

We offer several ways for you to make your payment or make ongoing payments. You may

  • Make your payment online,
  • Visit our office in person,
  • Drop your payment in the mail
  • Insert it in our outside drop box (the drop box is available 24 hours a day).

Please visit our Directory for our location and contact information. We accept cash, credit card, money orders and cashier’s checks. Please do not leave cash in the outside drop box, indicate your case number on your check, money order or cashier’s check and please do not mail cash.

If you are unable to make your pay arrangements and/or miss a payment, please come to court on any Friday at 8:30 am. You will need to check-in at the Circuit Clerk’s Office, when you arrive.

View All

Disclaimer: Circuit Court Clerk staff are prohibited from providing legal advice.