Civil Division

Rock Island County Circuit Clerk SealAll civil cases must be e-filed!

All civil cases and filings are required to be e-filed per the Illinois Supreme Court, unless you qualify for an exemption. Along with the mandate, the Supreme Court approved configuration and electronic document standards to create a more consistent statewide filing system. You must include your email address on all filings and if you are an attorney, you must include your Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) number on all filings submitted.

For more information on requesting an exemption from e-filing, see the Supreme Courts' webpage.

For quick access & get started, choose a program on eFile's website. Many types of filings require a fee to be submitted along with your documents. To see a list of fees, additional information relative to a specific type of filing, please visit the subpage.

Civil case types are as followed:

  • Adoption (AD)
  • Arbitration (AR) 
  • Chancery (CH)
  • Dissolution with Children (DC)
  • Dissolution without Children (DN)
  • Eminent Domain (ED)
  • Eviction (EV)
  • Family (FA)
  • Foreclosure (FC)
  • Governmental Corporation (GC)
  • Guardianship (GR)
  • Lawsuits (other then those filed in Small Claims court) - (LA)
  • Law (LM)
  • Mental Health (MH)
  • Miscellaneous Criminal (MX)
  • Miscellaneous Remedy (MR)
  • Orders of Protection (OP)
  • Probate (PR) 
  • Small Claims (SC)
  • Tax (TX)
  • Wills (W)

Illinois Courts Launch Personalized Guide Service for All Court Users

Illinois Court Help is a new, free service from the Illinois Courts that connects people to the information they need to go to court. People can call or text 833.411.1121 to connect with a trained court guide who can provide specific answers to questions about the court process, like how to e-file court documents and how to appear in court by phone or video.

Illinois Court Help is a go-to source for court information, especially for people who don’t have a lawyer. While Illinois Court Help will not provide legal advice, guides will refer people to legal aid and other community services that can help them solve their problem.

Disclaimer: Circuit Court Clerk staff are prohibited from providing legal advice.