Short-Term Rentals

Short-Term Rentals, sometimes referred to as an Airbnb, VRBO or similar, have become popular. The County Code of Ordinances (3-2-3) defines these as a Boarding House or Tourist Home. This type of use is allowed by Special Use Permit in R-2, R-3 and U-1 Districts. It is also allowed by right in R-4 zoning districts. This is also a change in occupancy per the International Building Code (3408). Transient Lodging is allowed in Occupancy Class R-3 (310.5). All residential occupancy classifications regulated by the IBC require an automatic fire sprinkler system (903.2.8).