Paying in Person
Due Dates for the 2022 Real Estate Taxes payable in 2023 are as follows:
- 1st Installment: Wednesday, June 7, 2023.
- 2nd Installment: Monday, August 7, 2023.
- 3rd Installment: Thursday, September 7, 2023.
- 4th Installment: Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
Payments Made in Person
- You may pay in-person at the Treasurer’s / Collector's Office located in the County Office Building located at 1504 3rd Avenue, Rock Island, IL.
- When paying in-person, please be sure that you have the property address or parcel number (PIN) of the taxes you are paying.
- You may pay by cash, check, money order or cashier's check when paying your real estate tax installments in person.
- New this year: we accept in-person credit/debit cards (processing fees up to 2.45% apply*).
- When paying by check, money order or cashier's check, please make sure the amount is exact or we will be unable to accept the payment.
- Neither failure to receive a tax statement, nor receiving one late will relieve the taxpayer from paying the taxes or any penalties which may become due.
- Installments equal to at least one-fourth the total tax are due on or before the due dates shown on the front of this statement, or the full tax may be paid by the first installment due date.
- State law requires the installments not paid by the due dates shall have interest added at the rate of 1.5% per month or part of a month until paid, sold, or forfeited.
- No second notice will be mailed covering your second, third, and/or fourth installment, as all four stubs are included with your original tax bill.
- Payments in-person are also accepted mobile home taxes.
- Payments received in the Treasurer's Office after Monday, November 27, 2023, must be paid by cash, cashier's check, certified check or money order.
- The last day that property tax payments will be accepted is December 27, 2023. Taxes not paid by December 27, 2023, will be sold at the Tax Sale on December 28, 2023.
Please contact the Rock Island County Treasurer's Office at 309-558-3510 if you have any questions.