I accepted a personal check that was returned. How do I get my money?

The Rock Island County Bad Check Restitution Program processes all bad checks accepted in Rock Island County. They will attempt to resolve the matter on your behalf, however, the case may ultimately require your follow up either through Small Claims Court or our office if the case meets the criteria for criminal prosecution. For more information, visit the website or call 309-558-3234.

Show All Answers

1. As a victim or complainant, must I be present at all court hearings?
2. As a defendant, must I be present at all court hearings?
3. If I am the victim of a crime, how do I go about getting criminal charges brought up against someone?
4. A situation occurred, the police responded, and I was informed that I needed to contact your office to schedule an appointment to come in to file charges. Why won't the police take care of this?
5. I accepted a personal check that was returned. How do I get my money?
6. I hired someone to perform a number of repairs for me and I paid them a deposit for the materials up front, however the work was never completed. What do I do?
7. I have had many problems with one of my tenants and he has not paid the rent in two months. How do I evict this person?
8. I have a criminal conviction from years ago that I would like to get taken off my record. How do I go about getting this done?
9. My spouse has moved out and tells me that he/she wants a divorce. What are my rights regarding our common property such as the house and cars?
10. My ex and I have no formal agreement about visitation of our son. Recently, my ex has been keeping our son for longer periods of time than I feel comfortable and he/she has become more and more unreas
11. I have an Order of Protection against my ex, however I no longer feel he/she is a threat and I would like to have the Order lifted. Must I formally deal with this in court, or can I just ignore the Or